Christopher J. Heider Scholarship
Sponsored by the Florida FBLA-PBL Professional Division
(Click here for Word file.)
TO: Scholarship Committee
FROM: , Chapter Adviser
SUBJECT: Nominee for Christopher J. Heider Scholarship Award
It is my pleasure to nominate , a member of PBL Chapter No. , (Name of School) , (Address) , District , as a candidate for the Christopher J. Heider Scholarship Award, to be given at the upcoming State Leadership Conference.
Social Security Number __________________________________________________________
Home Address _________________________________________________________________
THIS FORM MUST BE POSTMARKED BY THE DATE SPECIFIED IN THE SLC PACKET.
The following supporting documents must be attached:
1. Certified transcript from all post-secondary institutions attended within the previous five years.
2. A paper of not more than 200 words describing plans after graduation and why this student has selected a career in the business or business education field. (This paper must be written by the student.)
3. Evidence of participation in the following activities: Phi Beta Lambda and other club affiliations; extracurricular activities; leadership ability; scholastic achievement; and work experience.
4. Two letters of recommendation, including one from a chapter adviser, school administrator, or community leader.
5. Personal data sheet (not to exceed two pages). Be sure applicant's social security number is included in the data sheet.
The highest scoring candidate shall be the winner of the Christopher J. Heider Scholarship Award. The judges panel will consist of at least one individual who knew Mr. Heider and his contributions to the organization or a past recipient of this award. Judges will be selected by a member of the Professional Division appointed by the president.
Applicant please sign:
I have read and fully understand the Qualifications of Applicant for Scholarship.
Signature of Applicant Signature of Adviser
THE CHRISTOPHER J. HEIDER SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
(Points given may range between zero and maximum number indicated.)
WORK EXPERIENCE 10
SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENT 10
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION 15
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES 15
(NOT PHI BETA LAMBDA)
LEADERSHIP ABILITY 20
LOCAL PBL CHAPTER INVOLVEMENT 30
TOTAL SCORE ______________