FLORIDA FBLA-PBL DRESS POLICY
FOR ADVISERS, MEMBERS, AND GUESTS
(Adopted by Florida, July 2009)
FBLA-PBL members and advisers should develop an awareness of the image one’s appearance projects. The purpose of the dress policy is to uphold the professional image of the association and to prepare students for the business world. Acceptable attire is required for all attendees—advisers, members, and guests—at all general sessions, competitive events, meetings, workshops, and other activities unless otherwise stated in the conference program.
- Business suit with collared dress shirt and necktie; or
- Sport coat, dress slacks, collared dress shirt, and necktie; or
- Dress slacks, collared dress shirt, and necktie.
- Dress shoes and dress socks are required.
- A banded collar shirt may be worn only if a sport coat or business suit is worn.
- Business suit; or
- Business pantsuit (must include a jacket and pants); or
- Business dress; or
- Skirt with blouse or sweater.
- Closed toe and heel business dress shoes are required.
MALES AND FEMALES
No jewelry in visible body piercing, other than ears, on men or women!
ACCEPTABLE AWARDS PROGRAM ATTIRE
Professional dress as listed above; or
Semi-formal or formal attire
UNACCEPTABLE ATTIRE INCLUDES:
- Denim, chambray, or flannel fabric clothing of any kind
- Overalls, shorts, skorts, capris, stretch or stirrup pants, exercise or bike shorts
- Low-cut, backless, see-through, tight-fitting, spaghetti straps, or strapless blouses/tops/dresses
- Extremely short, tight-fitting, or see-through dresses/skirts
- Sandals, athletic shoes, industrial work shoes, hiking boots, over-the-knee boots, or bare feet
- Athletic wear, including sneakers and letterman jackets
- Bolo ties
- Visible foundation garments
New fashion trends may be in style but not necessarily appropriate. The best way to operate is to avoid walking the line. If there is a doubt, select something else to wear. Be a professional!