BUSINESSPERSON OF THE YEAR
This event, on the state level, recognizes outstanding leaders from the business sector who have contributed to the success of local, district, or state chapters of Florida Future Business Leaders of America.
The nominees must be members of the business sector, not students or educators.
• Each charter may nominate one individual for District Businessperson of the Year. The nomination form provided by the district director must be sent by the local charter adviser to reach the district director by the date specified in the local District Registration Packet.
• Each district may honor one individual at the State Leadership Conference. It is the district director's responsibility to inform the state adviser of the district representative by the date specified in the SLC registration packet.
• Nominees must be members of the business community. Student members and persons who are full-time employees of educational institutions or departments of education shall not be nominated for the award; such nominees will be disqualified.
• Nominees must not have been named to this event at a previous FBLA State Leadership Conference.
Criteria for selection of nominees at the state level may include:
• Years of participation in FBLA activities
• Promotion of FBLA through presentations and seminars
• Contribution to chapter projects and activities
• Financial assistance and sponsorship of activities for the state chapter
Nominee(s) will receive a plaque of recognition. Each nominee attending the State Leadership Conference will be recognized.