This event recognizes FBLA members who acquire knowledge in the areas of information management, decision making, human relations, and time management.
The one-hour objective test may include questions on resource management (human, financial, and data); telecommunications and networking technology; decision making; E-business systems; business communications; ethics; and human relations.
Participants must have paid state and national dues postmarked by December 15 of the current school year.
This is a state level event only.
District If districts wish, they may offer this event. No test will be provided by the state.
State Chapters with 1-50 members may enter 2 students in this event. Chapters with 51+ members may enter 3 students in this event. Because this event does not go on to National, student may compete in another event at the state conference as well (if they have qualified for that other event).
State When it has been determined that a student will represent the charter at state competition, the appropriate entry form must be sent to the state adviser postmarked first-class mail by the date specified in the SLC registration packet.
• Participants must be selected in accordance with the regulations of the state chapter.
• Participants must not have entered this event at a previous National Leadership Conference or placed 1st in this event at a previous State Leadership Conference.
• Participants failing to report on time may be either disqualified or permitted to begin late with no extension of the time as scheduled.
• Participants must furnish their own No. 2 pencils and erasers. Nongraphing calculators will be provided. No electronic devices may be brought to the event. No reference materials or other items are to be brought to the event.
• Participants must adhere to the dress code established by the Board of Directors or they will not be permitted to participate in the competitive event.
Tests will be machine graded. In the event of a tie, the students’ performance on the final ten questions of the exam will be evaluated. After that, if necessary, the order in which the tests were received will be used.
State State awards for the top five places are presented at the State Leadership Conference.