GLOBAL ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING
This event recognizes PBL members who possess knowledge needed in the world of global business.
The one-hour objective test may include questions on communication (including culture and language); currency exchange; global business environment; finance; human resource management; legal issues; marketing; ownership and management; taxes and government regulations; treaties and trade agreements.
Participants must have paid state and national dues postmarked by February 15 of the current school year.
State Each charter may enter one individual or a team of 2 or 3 members.
National See publication: Chapter Management Handbook—current edition.
State When it has been determined that a student or team will represent the charter at state competition, the appropriate entry form must be sent to the state adviser received first-class mail by the date specified in the SLC registration packet. At the State Leadership Conference only a collaborative objective test will be given.
National See publication: Chapter Management Handbook—current edition. Participants will receive a case study upon check-in at the NLC. Teams will have until the scheduled presentation time to research, document their research, and develop a presentation. Teams are not limited in research techniques and sources.
- Participants must be selected in accordance with the regulations of the FBLA district, state chapter, and the national association.
- In the case of a team, no more than one team member may have competed in this event at a previous National Leadership Conference or placed 1st or 2nd in this event at a previous State Leadership Conference.
- Participants failing to report on time may be either disqualified or permitted to begin late with no extension of the time as scheduled.
- Team members will take one test collaboratively.
- Participants must furnish their own No. 2 pencils and erasers. Students may bring financial calculators to the event. No other electronic devices may be brought to the event. No reference materials or other items are to be brought to the event.
- Participants must adhere to the dress code established by the Board of Directors or they will not be permitted to participate in the competitive event.
Tests will be machine graded. In the event of a tie, the students’ performance on the final ten questions of the exam will be evaluated. After that, if necessary, the order in which the tests were received will be used.
State State awards for the top five places are presented at the State Leadership Conference.
National The number of awards presented at the National Leadership Conference is determined by judges and/or number of entries. The maximum number will be ten.