The ability to evaluate the needs of an organization and then design and implement network solutions is a valuable skill in today’s connected workplace. This event provides recognition for PBL members who demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply these skills.
The one-hour objective test may include questions on planning and configuration; problem solving and troubleshooting; network administrator functions; backup and disaster recovery; configuring network resources and services; configuration of Internet resources; and security. Team members will take one objective test cooperatively.
Participants must have paid state and national dues postmarked by February 15 of the current school year.
State Each charter may enter one individual or team of 2 or 3 members.
National See publication: Chapter Management Handbook—current edition.
State When it has been determined that a student or team will represent the charter at state competition, the appropriate entry form must be sent to the state adviser received first-class mail by the date specified in the SLC registration packet. At the State Leadership Conference only a collaborative objective test will be given.
National See publication: Chapter Management Handbook—current edition. Participants will receive a case study upon check-in at the NLC. Teams will have until the scheduled presentation time to research, document their research, and develop a presentation. Teams are not limited in research techniques and sources.
- Participants must be selected in accordance with the regulations of the PBL state chapter and the national association.
- In the case of a team, no more than one team member may have competed in this event at a previous National Leadership Conference or placed 1st or 2nd in this event at a previous State Leadership Conference.
- Participants failing to report on time may be either disqualified or permitted to begin late with no extension of the time as scheduled.
- Team members will take one test collaboratively.
- Participants must furnish their own No. 2 pencils and erasers. Students may bring financial calculators to the event. No other electronic devices may be brought to the event. No reference materials or other items are to be brought to the event.
- Participants must adhere to the dress code established by the Board of Directors or they will not be permitted to participate in the competitive event.
Tests will be machine graded. In the event of a tie, the students’ performance on the final ten questions of the exam will be evaluated. After that, if necessary, the order in which the tests were received will be used.
State State awards for the top five places are presented at the State Leadership Conference.
National The number of awards presented at the National Leadership Conference is determined by judges and/or number of entries. The maximum number will be ten.